MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva top 10 heavyqweight?

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
JWP
Featherweight

JWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level nowJWP is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBRESK View Post
He would beat the strikers and lose to the grapplers.

Cormier, Cain, Barnett and any powerful wrestler would beat him.

He's a better striker than JDS so Anderson V Junior on the feet most likely = a victory for Andy.. considering Anderson would be 6'2 230lbs with 78inch reach and JDS is 6'4 240lbs and same reach.

I dunno if Werdum, Bigfoot Mir, Big Country etc. have the speed to take him down, Anderson's movement is excellent and he has equal reach to pretty much everyone in the division.

I know i'm a huge Anderson fan but I feel like i'm being fair, what do you guys think?

no i was thinking the same thing. although there is a weight advantage there is a big speed disadvantage. the more athletic guys like cormier, velasquez would probably get the better of him (silva still more than a punchers chance i would think)

and the slower guys like the ones you mentioned would not get a hold of him and get punched and kicked alot

to answer the original question, yes maybe at this stage he could/would be top ten

but in future as the division improves (which it will) then it would be a different answer
Bisping
Fedor
Machida
Pettis
Aldo
McGregor
'John' Wayne Parr
Nathan 'Carnage' Corbett
Bruce Lee
JWP is offline   Reply With Quote