MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Facts, effects and myths about guns in the USA
View Single Post
post #16 of (permalink) Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

@bud you sir are absolutely right. Definitely not saying Europe needs to change its laws, it works over there.

There is one thing I've yet to bring up, America is a huge place and there are wild animals here that can kill people. Mostly wolves, bears, coyotes, wild dogs, mountain lions, bob cats etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
So far, there is no need or even reason for that. As I said:

I've only discussed the validity of the arguments and comparisons, not about the subject of guns. That's two different things.

If at a giving time I entered the discussion about guns (or any other subject) and we didn't get to an agreement on the topic, then I will happily agree to disagree with you
There actually is a need for it.

When I made this thread I came in thinking "oh woah, there is not a lot of knowledge about guns on the forum, I'll make an answer/question thread where I can inform people, it's gonna be easy". I realize now that cultural differences are too great to over come emotional and irrational fear of firearms. I've really put out a ton of information, evidence, studies and statistics about gun ownership and crime. But it's not enough, it's something people feel strongly about. It's something like religion or politics, and I didn't see it that way when I started this thread. So far it's kind of just been bickering and no substance in discussions. Ultimately I just wanted to put the information out there for you guys and not try to win an argument.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome