MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anderson Silva top 10 heavyqweight?

View Single Post

Old 08-02-2012, 08:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
El Bresko
....Omar Comin'

El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by H33LHooK View Post
Would it be a straw-man to submit that there are a number of reasons AS doesn't want to fight Jon Jones, and a big one of those reasons is likely the size and strength differential?

AS just isn't a HW. Would he be a dynamic/effective LHW? I think we can all agree that the answer is yes.

But I don't think his body at HW would allow him to do the things that make him successful at MW, and I don't think he would be able to get himself out from under any of the good wrestlers/grapplers at HW.
Unlike Sonnen, the top dogs at HW pack a helluva wallop- one or two would be all it would take.

It's a fun coversation, though.

None of the UFC's top HWs are especially long fighters. Bones' reach is ridiculous. Struve is 6'11 and only has 3 inches longer reach than Andy.

Fact of the matter is, Anderson was the same size as Forrest in their fight (that's a lot bigger than 210 Roflcopter, can you get a source?) and Forrest could easily be a HW. Joey Beltran just made the cut to 205 and he was smaller than Te-Huna.

Fact also is if JDS, Overeem and Hunt didn't take him down they'd probably all get KOed.

The top dogs do possess good punching power but if Vitor can't land anything on you then what the **** is Roy Nelson gonna do?

El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote