MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Brandon Vera On What Makes Shogun So Dangerous

View Single Post

Old 08-03-2012, 05:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Sports_Nerd
Featherweight

Sports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level nowSports_Nerd is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I'm not going to look too much into this. I think Vera is just very appreciative of this chance, and when you are in that state of mind and humbled, appreciative, a person generally is more kind/complimentary than he would be if he had earned it and knew he deserved it.

I think he will fight this fight the same way he would regardless of how he got it, which is to survive by the best ability while having his face destroyed.
I tend to agree with the first part. This is a guy who knows he's in a hole, and knows he has a tough climb ahead of him if he ever wants to get out of it.

Not so sure about the second part. I favor Shogun, but I think Vera has a bigger chance than you give him credit for. Vera seems to be suffering from hype backlash. He was never as good as the UFC made him out to be, but he's not as bad as a lot of the fans seem to think he is either.
Sports_Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote