MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Imc - Iron Man Championship 15

View Single Post

Old 08-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
CupCake
-Team Tate-

CupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is UntouchableCupCake Is Untouchable
via Tatame.com-

Posted on the 12th of July 2012

Quote:
With Iron Man off, Rua and Filho agree to fight on later this year
By Guilherme Cruz

The story of the Paulo Filho-Murilo Ninja fight just added new chapters. The fight, slatted for this evening, was cancelled after the event not followed the payment agreement with both athletes.

“They’ve cancelled the event because of money issues. Some govern money wasn’t good to go, I guess”, Ninja told TATAME, still not knowing what really happened. “It’s the second time… It’s crazy”.

Paulo’s manager, Fred Fontes talked to our crew and explained exactly what happened. According to him, the organization said they would pay on the weigh-in day, but postponed it for today. This Thursday morning, the athletes had still not received their checks.

“They postponed half of the payment for a couple of weeks, with all signed and registered. We can’t do anything, we’re just going to have to accept it”, regrets Fred.

“They said they’ll get the money, but not in time. In 10 days from know they will pay half to all fighters. We will have a safe copy explaining all details of this debt”.

Iron Man 15 had been postponed before for money issues, and both Paulo and Ninja trusted the company and accepted a new fighting date. But now they’ve had enough.

“To me, this fight is not happening in this event anymore”, Fontes concludes.

But the fans can relax because it seems that this rematch will happen no matter what.

“Murilo has already said yes and I’m negotiating with some other event, Amazon Forest. I talked to them and he thought it was interesting”, explains Paulo’s manager, supported by Ninja.

“It’s a fight the fans want to see. It’s a great classic. If you talk to my manager and Paulo’s manager, it’s alright”.

The next edition of Amazon Forest Combat is scheduled for September, and the fight might happen then.

“This fight would be huge and a great deal for them. It will be no problem bringing this match-up to some other event”, assured Fred.

Many fans asked about Paulo’s preparation for this fight, and his manager guarantees he was in great shape.

“I was doing great, you have no idea. He was going to get surprised”, says. “It sucks… I made a big investment for him to get back at the guy. This fight has to happen. So many things have happened that they have to fight”.
Apparently those in the know, knew it wasn't gonna happen as of the 2nd week of July. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer for this fight.