#1 ·
Hola,

I'm just wondering:

Who got the Fight of the Night?
Who got the Submission of the Night?
Who got the Knockout of the Night?

Sorry but didn't see it anywhere :confused02:

#4 ·
halifaxdonair@ Thanks mate appreciate that.

I totally agree with you. Swick is a great fighter and going off for so long time maybe earned him the money. I say maybe because his knockout was very wonderfully done too.

#12 ·
Clearly unbiased. They were both nice, neither was very unique, seen both before plenty of times. Both were precise and powerful, so for me the tie break is who was on the other end.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App

#11 ·
relax, im sure dana gave great locker room bonuses for machida, vera and shogun...he takes care of guys who perform

great for swick and lauzon though! 2 bonuses in 1 fight...this kid views the bonuses as part of his contract or something lol, great night of fights:thumb02:

#13 ·
I was slightly surprised to find out that Swick had got the KOTN, but in retrospect, what made it so awesome was that I had Swick losing the first round. So he kinda rallied back and won in great fashion. I thought JLau also was on the losing end of his fight til that sweetass triangle.

#14 ·
It was great to see Swick pull it out in this one. He came out to entertain the fans and he did just that. The way he moved from the takedown to the punch was a thing of beauty. Hope to see him put together a few solid performances.

#15 ·
I think that Swick's knock out over Johnson was way more brutal and cool than Machida's knock out over Bader. The technique from Machida was nice, but the knock out was quick and pretty basic looking. It wasn't that brutal, after the first replay, I wasn't eager to see another one.

Swick's knock out was off of a trip and was like a bomb hitting the ground out of nowhere, except it was his fist hitting Johnson's chin. The two hard follow up punches showed how much Swick wanted to make sure he got that win he has been craving inside of the octagon for the last couple of years. It was a brutal knock out and follow up that I watched over and over again. Knock outs don't always have to have the most technique to be exciting to watch. After such a hard first round for Swick, nobody can say they saw that knock out coming. It had me out of my seat in excitement. Not so much Machida's knock out, even though it may be considered more impressive.

Swick deserved the knock out of the night in my opinion, and that opinion really is unbiased since I'm not a huge fan of either fighter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.