MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Facts, effects and myths about guns in the USA

View Single Post

Old 08-07-2012, 11:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
Ape City
It's a league game, Smokey

Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
I don't like these kind of statistics. Nobody in this world can diagnose death by cigarette or fast food. It's not like you have to eat fast food to get a heart disease and there are hundreds of causes for cancer. All these numbers are basically fake and all they do is shock people.

I don't really have anything to contribute to the actual discussion.
I agree. I would love to see the study done to get those results, especially for second hand smoke. How on earth could they prove that? They lived with someone who smoked? That leaves hundreds of other variables. Maybe they worked in a department store with asbestos? Eating fast food? Ridiculous. You could eat fast food every day and if you balance it with lots of other healthy foods and exercise it wont kill you.

The only thing I know for sure, and I don't need weak study or stat to prove it, is that you can't shoot anyone if you don't own a gun. That's enough for me, because I don't want to shoot anyone, or have anyone shoot me with my gun. If everyone thought this way there would be less deaths in which a gun is used (hell maybe there will be the same number of deaths, just from crossbows instead).