MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Facts, effects and myths about guns in the USA

View Single Post

Old 08-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
xeberus
The Forum Drunk

xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
I've heard two people argue that cigarettes and their second hand smoke don't kill people, even just speculating, in my entire life. Both times were in this thread. I know that in germany smoking is a huge thing, I've been there and the bars are just fog banks of smoke. But there have been hundreds of studies of second hand smoke alone, the correlation between breathing secondary smoke and the massive increased risk of cancer or cardiovascular disease are undeniable. The cigarette companies are huge, they have billions of dollars, the best lawyers who've ever lived and they still have to put this on their packs:

What blows my mind is that they still convince people to buy and smoke their product. I mean they even tell you, to your face "hey our product kills people, and probably you if you smoke for the duration of your life". I'm not saying you can't smoke or that you shouldnt, but there is no speculation or room to argue about whether cigarettes kill people or not.

Look, everyone gets sick and dies, maybe at the hospital if you come in smelling of smoke and check the box that says [smoker] and they happen to see that people who do just that end up 3:1 for things like heart disease and lung cancer and premature death that might be an indicator of smoking being dangerous.

If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Sig by D.P.

xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote