MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Nike Signs UFC Champion Jon Jones to Global Sponsorship Deal

View Single Post

Old 08-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #19 (permalink)
King JLB
Flyweight

King JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of lightKing JLB is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Around View Post
Obvious choice. The drunk driving thing really isn't as big of a deal because a very good chunk of the people watching him will have had no idea anyway. MMA isn't THAT mainstream where everyone would know, you really have to follow it to know. The stars are trying to align for him to become THE star of the UFC for the next decade, but I don't see him getting past GSP in terms of popularity.
I can't believe the ignorance of some people, sometimes you just have to suffer to realize how stupid and deadly drunk driving is.

AS for Jones being selected I think it's a terrible move based purely on the drunk driving. If it weren't for that, he'd be the perfect candidate. Only we hardcore fans really care about his personal life and how real or fake he is. The general Nike population will just see an amazing athlete.

I can see Nike pushing him beyond GSP for recognition if he manages to stay at the top for many years to come. Nike is just so damn big.

All that being said, GSP really laid the groundwork for major sponsors so it's great to see big companies getting more involved.
King JLB is offline   Reply With Quote