MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Overeem responds to JDS

View Single Post

Old 08-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #32 (permalink)
rabakill
Light Heavyweight

rabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By Allrabakill Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voiceless View Post
No, they don't. Where the hell does that myth come from┐ Dos Santos has 4 (four) KO victories in 16 fights, one of those being by soccer kick, the rest of his victories have come by TKO, submission or decision. Velasquez also wasn't out after the big punch, but primarily lost his equilibrium, because the punch caught him behind his ear, and then got finished with several punches on the ground. Dos Santos is NOT a one punch KO artist, he is arguably the best technical HW striker who picks his opponents apart and with his skills he is the best HW at the moment. There is no need to impute something to him that is factually just not correct.
one punch ends a fight when both fighters are coherent, there is an exchange and one fighter is extremely injured while the other is fine. I never said JDS is a one punch ko-artist, he is a one punch fight changer though. Nearly every one of his tko's comes from one solid punch that changes the entire fight from even to almost over. I never said ko artist, I chose my words very wisely hoping that people would be smart enough to read between the lines instead of finding the part they think is wrong to try and tell me they know more than I do. I've seen all of his fights that I could find, I know exactly what happened in all of them. Guys like Aldo or Jon Jones tko guys by wearing them down, guys like Hendo or Hendricks can finish fights with one punch ko's and JDS changes the fight to almost over with one punch. It is unwise to tell someone what they said is wrong when they never said it.

Last edited by rabakill : 08-09-2012 at 03:03 PM.
rabakill is offline   Reply With Quote