MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - ***OFFICIAL*** Ben Henderson vs. Frankie Edgar II Thread

View Single Post

Old 08-09-2012, 09:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
osmium
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful

osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrappleRetarded View Post
A punch is a punch. Any punch thrown is going to have some negative effect on the person receiving it. Frankie doesn't frequently stun or drop his opponents. His hands may not be soft as I described them earlier, but they certainly don't pack much oomph either.

The post I was responding to also said that Frankie hits very hard, which, he does not. Also Frankie didn't drop Bendo, it was a slip. Carefully watch that moment back again.

He started boxing in his war with Tyson Griffin. He's been pretty much the same stylistic fighter he was all the way back then, but of course, he's become much more proficient in his style over the years. Since his UFC debut against Tyson he has liked to box and mix things up with his take downs.

When he starts dropping fighters on a more frequent basis, then I'll start to worry about his punching power, but as of right now, it isn't really a great danger to Bendo or many other fighters.

I'll take Bendos heavy variety of kicks and his ruthless ground and pound and crafty sub game over Frankies in and out 1-2 boxing combinations and quick take downs.

Edit: I believe it was in the Bendo fight when Frankies corner in between rounds were instructing Frankie to get in there and "score points" by moving in and out.
Well obviously you want to score points to win rounds. What would you have them tell him? Go wing a bunch of overhands like Leonard Garcia. He does stun guys repeatedly in fights. Bendo's body kicks didn't seem to effect him at all so I don't see how you are claiming those are so powerful and damaging and what Frankie did wasn't. If those were the death kicks you are presenting them as then all of Frankie's ribs would have been broken and he would have drowned to death in his own blood with the number of them he took. How many guys has Bendo dropped with body kicks? Again, confirmation bias not a legitimate breakdown.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote