MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Fighting / Weigh-in Weight Disparity

View Single Post

Old 08-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
drmz
MMA Fanatic

drmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura aboutdrmz has a spectacular aura about
UFC Fighting / Weigh-in Weight Disparity

Been thinking about this for a while, but I'm sick as an MMA fan of seeing a fight for the 170lbs title, between two guys who weigh 190lbs on fight night.

What's the point and why are we doing this?

Tonight we'll see a fight for the 155lbs LIGHTWEIGHT title, in which one guy will weigh about 155 and one guy will weigh 170lbs or more.

People say "if they can cut and make the weight, I'm not bothered" - it's dangerous. The process of cutting is dangerous, and fighting a much bigger guy is dangerous for the fighter.

I'd love to see them weigh in en route to the Octagon on fight night. This would cause chaos in the short term, as 3 or more of the current champions would have to vacate and move divisions, but would ultimately result in us seeing fights between two guys of the same weight.

Is't this what weight classes are there for?
drmz is offline   Reply With Quote