MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC Fighting / Weigh-in Weight Disparity

View Single Post

Old 08-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings SystemNo_Mercy Is Beyond A Rankings System
It's funny how fighters still intentionally miss weight even though a percentage of their fighter purse goes to their opponent. Rampage literally gave away $60k - $80k for his fight against Bader...lolz! On top of that he got booed and lost. I was hoping for him to win since it was back in Japan...but he just doesn't have it in him anymore. BTW: That was a phenomenal interview by Helwani and Rampage in Japan.

I thought of the pre-fight weigh in but not twice. That's a good idea although probably a bit of a pain for the fighters and staff. That's what's neat about HW. Most come in under 265 without really adding anymore weight other than Brock, Bigfoot, and possibily Overeem. Say a 225 HW fights against a 265. There's a big disparity in strength however the lighter fighter will almost always be significantly quicker with the same amount of KO power so it evens out. But I think within five years the UFC will introduce a SUPER HW division.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote