MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Does anyone else miss the old UFC days?
View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Resident Drunk
Does anyone else miss the old UFC days?

Before I start, I am obviously ecstatic that the UFC had made it to the level of popularity it is at right now, both for the Sport as a whole, the fighters and fans obviously.

But a small part of me misses the excitement I use to get before an event because they would only have like 3 or 4 a year and the forums would be chaotic on fight day. I would pass up making plans with guys i knew other friends and girls to catch a UFC event I had been anticipating for months.

I still get ampped up before a UFC like tonight, but it's not the same level of excitement. I know it's because we are getting spoiled with the amount of events they throw, but a small part of me as I said earlier, enjoyed it even more with less events.

Before someone jumps out and tells me to STFU and stop complaining, I'll be the first to say I am not. Just reminiscing on the past and how the excitement level for me and I'm sure a lot of you was heightened with UFC's of old.

1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome