MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 150 results: I'm glad *SPOILERS*

View Single Post

Old 08-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
K R Y

K R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The ForumK R Y Lord of The Forum
I actually find Frankie extremely fun to watch, even though he beat my favourite fighter of all time twice (once... ), I really like his style. He mixes everything up, is fast, and lands often. His technique is beautiful to watch, some people just can't see it I guess.

So what if he doesn't finish every fight. Yes KO's and subs are extremely exciting, but that doesn't mean 5 round fights filled with technique and skill aren't.

Seems every fighters that goes to a decision a lot gets criticised for it and I really don't see why, especially when you take the level of competition into account.

Maynard has only ever been finished by Frankie (and Diaz on TUF I guess you could argue)

BJ has never been stopped at Lightweight. Hell, if Machida and Nick Diaz can't finish him...

Ben Henderson has also never been finished at lightweight (his one sub loss years ago was at a catchweight)

When facing such elite competition, finishes will be few and far between. Notice how none of the above finished Frankie either?
K R Y is offline   Reply With Quote