MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 150 results: I'm glad *SPOILERS*

View Single Post

Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #29 (permalink)
Stapler
Heavyweight

Stapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of KnowledgeStapler Is True Champion Of Knowledge
I don't find Edgar boring, I just don't see him as a champion. He has the heart of a champion, but he leaves doubt in my mind at least. I won't speak for everyone else. I think that a championship bout shouldn't leave doubt in your mind most of the time. Most of his challengers, he just barely eeks a decision win against. Even when he finishes a guy like Maynard, it's because Maynard got tired from beating the champion up.

A champion should stand alone as the best. Junior Dos Santos, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva, Georges St. Pierre, Jose Aldo, and Dominick Cruz continue to show that they are the best in their division by definitively beating their opponents. It's not even about just winning on points, there isn't anything wrong with that. Georges St. Pierre a lot of the time wins decisions, but it's always a decisive decision win. Even though he doesn't finish his opponents, he leaves no question on who was the better fighter. Edgar wins or loses controversial decisions that leaves fans arguing for months and months on who was the better fighter and who should have won. He shows that he may or may not be just barely the better fighter. it almost gives me a head ache every time he fights because it leaves so many questions after the fight ends.

To be fair, it could be because the lightweight division is so stacked with talent to the point that no one is really above the rest. Still, it's refreshing for me at least to see a lightweight title fight that won't have Edgar in it. Maybe we'll see a definitive ending that we won't have to argue over for once.

I might get negative repped for this post, but I don't mean to insult Edgar. I don't think he's boring, and I'm stating this as my opinion alone. It's just how I see it and why I'm happy he's not the lightweight champion anymore. Take it for what it's worth.

Top 3 Favorite Fighters
1. Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell
2. Glover Teixeira
3. Diego Sanchez

Last edited by Stapler : 08-12-2012 at 02:10 PM.
Stapler is offline   Reply With Quote