MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Is two belts per weight class the answer?

View Single Post

Old 08-13-2012, 12:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
RearNaked
Bantamweight

RearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A BallerRearNaked Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHawk View Post
Everyone would just want the two champs to fight each other to decide who the real champ is. Then what do you do? Give one guy two belts?
Good point.

I think they would have to fight each other once in a while, but I don't think unification would work, as that would counteract the whole point in the first place. Just have them fight, and that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Yeah because when interm title holders don't fight the champ as quickly as possible people are really into that. They don't complain that there isn't a real champ.
People complaining on internet forums isn't something people running multimillion dollar organizations actually care about, believe it or not.

Two champs would bring a lot of excitment to the WW, MW, and LHW divisions especially.

More meaningful fights at each weight class would be fine by me.