MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Training alone for a fight

View Single Post

Old 08-13-2012, 02:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
El Bresko
....Omar Comin'

El Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings SystemEl Bresko Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratamahatta333 View Post
Thanks Capitan - that's exactly what my trainer said. I'm hoping to fight a Thai but I might be against a foreigner, but anyway, I feel much more confident with my boxing and with the way my legs have been feelin I'm not sure how much of 'em will be left to use in the fight. I don't want to rely on one thing or go in as a boxer but at the end of the day, I'm pretty sure my boxing will be my biggest weapon.
You are right, you don't want to be one dimensional in there, but at the same time you don't want to throw a telegraphed low kick at a guy with conditioned shins who will check it. Try to develop a quick teep because if it's blocked it won't hurt, and it's harder to counter.

The most important thing is defense, practice disengaging from the clinch (easy one is to just push your opponent's face away from you), practice checking kicks and try to stay out of elbow range.

Until you are better at using your knees and shins you should focus on a boxing based offense with teeps to keep the distance and excellent Thai defense.

Seriously though if you counter the low kick with a hard right cross you will have a lot easier time.

El Bresko is offline   Reply With Quote