MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Anthony Pettis-Donald Cerrone Set To Be Title-Eliminator

View Single Post

Old 08-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #34 (permalink)
funkasaurus
Banned

funkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud offunkasaurus has much to be proud of
If Nate can get past Bendo I like the winner of this Vs him. Both Cerrone and Pettis like to fight, so I don't see them changing their gameplan THAT much like Condit did. I think the biggest challenger to Nate is a guy with greag grappling. We can overrate Jim Miller's ground game and submission skills until the cows come home, but guys like Ben Henderson can avoid those subs and control the ground game over someone like Diaz. You've also got the whole stand up leg strikes attack which, like Edgar, Diaz won't give a **** about.

I think Cerrone will edge out Pettis in what will be a dissappointing fight. A lot of people expect a war but I think both men will be technical in their approach, with both landing big shots but no one getting KOed. Maybe Cerrone will get rocked and come back strong, but he will be well able to carry on.

I think Diaz will be able to impliment his style on Ben Henderson. Bendo will be very leg kick strong and will not be realizing that he's slowly being put back against the cage. Then we will see a classic Diaz performance (and the biggest win of either Nate or Nick's careers).

Diaz Vs Cerrone 2 is where I think everything is headed.

I'd also like to see Maynard Vs JLou, Edgar Vs Sanchez, Michael Johnson Vs Sam Stout and Melvin Guillard Vs Tim Means.
funkasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote