MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Why do people compare Bendo to Jon Jones?

View Single Post

Old 08-14-2012, 07:16 PM   #27 (permalink)
Kreed
Lightweight

Kreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A BallerKreed Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
I don't really see too many similarities between the two to be honest. Like others have said they are both religious, both confident, and both black, but so are a ton of other fighters.

I agree with the above. The main similarity is just that they are new champions who have recently beat a lot of the established guys in their divisions that had a lot of fans. beating peoples favorite fighters isn't a way to win people over, but hey it's gotta be done.

Personally I think Jon Jones kicks all kinds off ass and I can't wait to see what he will do next. Guy is just a machine.

As for the whole mentioning god when you win debate I personally don't like it, but to call me a bigot? I think that goes too far. I have no problem with it, just a strong belief in god is not something I respect. My extremely strong disbelief in god makes me feel that way. When I find qualities in a fighter that I can relate too it makes me like them more. When I find out things about a fighter I can't relate too it makes it harder to relate.

I used to think you genuinely were racist. I used to feel for sorry for you that you had such a narrow minded and hateful few of the world. Now i'm starting to realize you are just a forum troll and racism is your MO.

I wish I could be a mod for a day. There is nothing I would love more than to send you on a vacation.
Thats all well and good but can you explain why such an affable down to earth individual like henderson could have such a pack of detractors already? He mostly takes part in good fights, rarely trash talks or showboats.All he does is win yet fans refuse to warm to him.Going as far as to compare him to jones? ask yourself why every1 is now using the same buzzword of "hes cocky" to justify their hatred of him.That narrative doesnt even make sense when talkin about ben henderson, its asinine