Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Sonnen vs. Griffin set for December 29th

7K views 135 replies 67 participants last post by  El Bresko 
#1 ·
Chael just confirmed it on UFC Tonight, at 205 of course.

#12 ·
Im really surprised at the people sleeping on this. I mean this fight has FUN written all over it. Sonnen moving up to 205 is great to me. It shows hes saying "ya know, ill never get to fight AS again and that sucks, so imma move up and go after another title". **** YEA Chael, **** YEA! lol. And Forrest is no slouch. The name recognition alone makes this fight a must watch.

#16 ·
I did not expect this at all. Not too interested in this fight, but come fight night I know I'll be more interested than I am now.

If Forrest loses I can see him maybe contemplating retirement or be very close to it. Hopefully it's an entertaining fight.

#19 ·
I really hate that when I hear about a Griffin fight I now instantly get bored :( Sonnen at 205 is interesting, but this fight isn't.

#33 ·
Agreed, and I'm a former Griffin fan. I'm not the type to just fall off people's band wagons... but when you have a series of fights where all you do is slowly extend your fist towards your opponents face for three rounds apprently to show them your glove... it just really turns me away.

If the Forrest of 07-08 still existed, I'm all in... but I'm pretty sure he's gone forever.

Frankly, I'm probably going to pull for Sonnen here simply because I'd like to see a victor who will progress and create some more interesting fights.

#20 ·
I'm actually interested in this, although I would have never expected it. Yes Chael has a smothering ground game, and yes Forrest hasn't looked like his heart is in it, but both of these fighters have given entertaining and very surprising performances. Anything could happen in this fight.

#23 ·
This fight doesnt make any sense. The reality of it is that Chael should be fighting Rich. Rich is at the end of his career and instead of Lee, Rich should have to face Chael and Bisping. If he beats both I say Rich vs Silva 3 and if Rich loses retire. I say Forest fights Vera to be honest.Bisping and Rich is a much more interesting fight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.