Got my tires sorted out but that's the least of my worries. After installing the transfer case last night I realized that the driveshaft angle is way too extreme. The case also hits the crossmember we built a while back. We made it before the case was installed so meh. Here's a shot of the mods.
And with it installed.
The case was hitting in a few spots so the offending metal was removed and the crossmember was rebraced.
I also have started welding on my own. Never done it before but after a few practice beads on some scrap I think I have the hang of it.
I have a pic of the T-case in the jeep but am too tired to email it. Basically I can turn the rear axle up to meet the driveshaft which is retarded and gay or I can scoot the axle back and do the coil spring conversion. I chose the coil spring conversion.
The plan is to cut off the frame in front of the rear shckle and rebuild it with 4X2 rectangular tubing. To make this job easier the tub had to come off. We ordered the tubing and it should be here in 3-4 days. Hopefully sooner.
Couple shots after the body was removed...
While I am trying to get my rig back together my friend and I are trying to get his Blazer sorted out as well. The plan is to make the labor day trip together because of his wifes work schedule.
We're at 2.5 weeks out and counting. We'll need some luck to make the deadline but I am confident that we can get both vehicles knocked out and be hitting the rocks here shortly