MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - lifting while in a cast

View Single Post

Old 04-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
SgtSixpack
Amatuer

SgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A HugSgtSixpack Needs A Hug
You should not be even thinking about training legs with a plaster cast.

I came off a motorbike, fortunately I was wearing a leather jacket and only me knee had a surface wound. I needed a caste so the stitches would hold.

I didnt even try to raise my leg all the time I was in a caste, cause it hurt when I tried at first.

The day came to have my caste off, and I stepped outside and could not walk up a curb. My ankle ect was ok to walk, but the whole leg was just shrunk to not much.

I did squats before I had the accident and it took 4 weeks after the caste came off for me to start again with squats. I remember riding a cycle during those weeks.

It took a year for me to be satisfied that both legs looked equally strong. I had strong legs. The nurse even commented on how heavy they were to lift.
SgtSixpack is offline   Reply With Quote