MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Randy Couture would come out of retirement to fight Steven Seagal

View Single Post

Old 08-16-2012, 08:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
DonRifle

DonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He CrossesDonRifle Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
I know it's a little off topic today, but I was thinking; how bullshit was the Couture/Toney fight? Has anyone ever had their first MMA fight in the UFC, against a hall of famer, who's style is designed to beat yours? I know Toney is a horrible boxer now, and he can barley even stand up, but they shouldn't have pulled such a dick move to try and 1-up boxing. Putting a complete new comer to MMA, with zero ground experience, in there with Randy Couture is a complete joke and really petty of those in charge. A former boxing world champion wanted to sign up and fight in the UFC. Can you imagine if Toney actually did good? I don't think it'd ruin MMA's image, I just think it would be a highly marketable name to have on THEIR roster.
Yeah Toney called out Couture, but there was also an element that if Toney had actually won some fights in the UFC it would have been an embarrassment to them, that an old boxer, pretty much a has been could walk into the UFC out of shape and knock guys out. It would have discredited MMA quite a bit I think. So no one better to go in and get the job done then Randy, and do it with that old simple wrestling move he used to get the take down.
DonRifle is offline   Reply With Quote