MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Frankie Edgar wats next for him + do you believe he has been shafted by poor judging?

View Single Post

Old 08-22-2012, 08:45 AM   #15 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
I felt that Bendo quite clearly on the first one (in a close fight), and I edged him in the second one. I don't believe he's being shafted because I was biased towards him in both fights. Perhaps if I was slightly more impartial, I'd also have called the second one to Bendo considering how much damage he was doing with his kicks.

Now, he builds himself back up. Although I'd love to see the fight with Aldo. I'd like to see it at LW. Edgar has always took pride in the challenge of LW and I want him to stay there and continue to take it on head first. There are a lot of great fights for him considering that it is such a deep divison.

Diego Sanchez:- Would be a good fight. Sanchez is coming off a loss, but he can realy rise to the occasion and make an amazing fight. Edgar likes to keep it standing and wants a boxing war, while Sanchez is very talented at grappling. Both have skills in the other's area too, so wherever this fight goes I see it being entertaining.

Sam Stout:- This is really just one for the fans. Even though Stout is a good kickboxer with nice combinations, it's quite hard to see how he takes this fight. Regardless, both men can take hard shots and both like to use a lot of combinations and keep it standing, so a war would be unavoidable.

Clay Guida:- After the horrible performance against Gray, Guida might be feeling like the fans want to see the old Guida return and not the stratagist. He would look for a lot of strikes, a great pace and relentless takedown attempts which makes for a great fight with Frankie.

Melvin Guillard:- The KO win would be a good boost to a future run at the LW title again for Frankie.

The options are endless. After a fight with one of these guys happens, we could see him fight the loser of Cerrone/Pettis, another amazing fight. Perhaps Aldo will move up by then and we could see that fight happen. Then you have a 4th with Maynard to completley cap off their rivalry. The whole division is so stacked that anyone except Nate and Bendo are great opponents.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner

VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote