Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

sorry, but if mayweather pulled the sh1t that anderson is about to.......

2K views 39 replies 24 participants last post by  Woodenhead 
#1 ·
ok, so imagine mayweather said he was going to step down a division to take on the smaller champion (at a weight silva hasnt fought at in years) instead of going up in weight to fight the new outstanding champion there ( a weight silva expressed intrest in many's a time), what exactly would people say??

a year or two ago when this superfight talk started everyone wanted the fight, but they wanted it when GSP moved up.... no one mentioned silva moving down

do you think for one second that if shogun was the LHW champion, silva would be stepping down to WW or would he go up to LHW?? exactly..... if u ask me, silva is pulling a bitch move here

i know silva is loved on thisforum, and rightly so.... but can no one else see that this is a bitch move??

#2 ·
Thankfully this isn't boxing ;)

I think people want the GSP fight because once/if Silva moves up in weight he won't be going back, ever. So again, once/if Silva fights GSP people will be screaming for the Jones fight (If he's still champion by then)

The GSP vs. Silva fight was something that people wanted way before Silva vs. Jones anyways, and they're closer to each other in weight so it makes sense to me :)

#13 ·
He's quickly trying to turn it into Boxing though.

Chris Weidman has already confirmed on the UG that Anderson turned down a fight with him, which is why Belfort is fighting Belcher, the UFC told Weidman not to accept the Belfort fight because they were gonna make Silva/Weidman and Anderson flat out turned it down. The Champion basically refused to fight the top contender.

But because his fans are brainwashed they'll let it slide since he's "earned it" just because he's been the Champ for s while.

#6 ·
I' be very excited. GSP's top game is a lot different than Sonnens as in he'd actually do damage and not try to keep himself busy enough. That and GSP mixes his TD up with strikes and Silva can end a fight in the blink of an eye.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using VerticalSports.Com App

#10 ·
of course it's a catchweight fight.

Neither guy wants to leave his division. And for Silva it would probably be impossible to make 170.

#25 ·
I like the idea of Weidman vs. Boetcsh, it should be a #1 contender's match though.

Silva is not fighting again in 2012 anyways and an early(ish) 2013 fight with GSP (SuperBowl weekend?) would fit perfect.

Silva fought twice at LHW and didn't forfeit his title - why should he this time?

#27 ·
If this happens, I doubt it happens in Vegas, it'll be at Cowboys Stadium since this is the only fight big enough to match Pacquaio's attendance numbers there, and they'd be fools not to do it there.

Silva also had his division cleaned out when he did it before, now? He doesn't.

I get it, you want Condit to win...

But just because that happened with Anderson, it should happen with everyone? Should I tell Dana to start drawing up Batista's contract now? Weidman hasn't shown that much imo and if he got a win over a real legit contender like Belfort/Belcher or Bisping/Stann then I think he should get a title shot, but Munoz is nothing.
Obviously it doesn't happen to everyone, Weidman had to fight more than once, and Anderson still doesn't want any part of him.

Who is Batista?

And now, you're gonna tell me Bisping and Belcher, two guys with no top ten wins ever, are real contenders but Munoz isn't? Bisping is coming off a loss for crying out loud! I swear Anderson's fans are terrified of the thought of him fighting Weidman it seems, pulling every single trick out of the hat to discredit him. It's hilarious, the sooner Anderson gets the hell out of this sport the better. Hopefully his terrified legion of excuse makers will follow him out.

#29 ·
I don't think Mayweather or Silva should be catching shit for moving down in weight. Floyd started his career fighting at much lower weight classes and Anderson has fought at lower weights as well. If your body will let you get that low, go ahead, reap the benefits or suffer the consequences based on how your body reacts.

The fact that this is catchweight is attractive to both fighters and the UFC but is not good for my boy Georges in my opinion. Anderson's body frame is much bigger, his striking is way better and his subs are as high level as they get. I'm a GSP nuthugger for sure but I think he should be thankful that Anderson chose MW so he could dominate the WW division, but that's another thread topic.

#30 ·
Weidman is the probably the number one contender now, but I don't think it's like he has lit the world on fire or anything. The Munoz win is nice, but Munoz really isn't nearly as good as he gets credit for. Dude lost to Matt Hammill. I guess some people are more impressed by wins over Leben and Maia than I am, but I think there are close to 10 MW that would beat Leben and Maia easy.

Weidman and all of the Silva haters should stop whining. He has 9 wins and a tenth against a top contender like Belfort, Bisping, Okami, or Rashad dropping down will make his title hopes impossible to refuse.

If Silva wants to fight GSP (a fight that people were clamoring for a year ago, but now all the sudden he's scared of a guy with 9 fights) let him. Will people complain about GSP avoiding Kampmann/Hendricks winner to fight Anderson?

#33 · (Edited)
I'm sure someone has already pointed it out.

But Anderson wants to fight the p4p #2, if he doesn't want to come up then he will try to go down he says.

And Mayweather refuses to fight the #2 P4P and Pacman is the smaller fighter..
Mayweather already made a guy 2 weight classes smaller get fat and come up to his weight to fight him. Mayweather would never cut that weight and go down in class now.

Wait what was the question again?:confused05:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.