MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - King Mo says Daniel Cormier will retire Frank Mir

View Single Post

Old 08-23-2012, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
No_Mercy
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!

No_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF MaterialNo_Mercy Is Future HOF Material
King Mo says Daniel Cormier will retire Frank Mir

I think Mir is brave for taking this fight, but man not against an Olympic caliber wrestler. Frank's whole game plan is to take you down and submit you. It aint going down. Cormier by TKO within two.

If you're a fan of former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight titleholder Frank Mir, be sure to catch his upcoming mixed martial arts (MMA) fight in October.

It could be his last.

That's according to former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion and newly-signed Bellator attraction Muhammed Lawal, who tells Bloody Elbow that Daniel Cormier will retire the UFC import when they hook 'em up inside the Hexagon later this year.

And that will make them even at 1-1.

"The haters can say what they want, but I'll put myself out there and say this: Daniel will be Frank Mir's last fight. Me and Daniel used to place bets on who could retire more people. Right now, I'm up one, because I believe I retired Mark Kerr. Daniel will tie it up after this fight with Frank Mir."

Cormier (10-0) hopes retiring (or simply defeating) Mir will be enough to earn him a shot at the UFC 265-pound strap, which could be held by either Junior dos Santos (reigning) or Cain Velasquez (former), who rematch in December for all the marbles.

And if the latter should prevail, "DC" still intends on grabbing the gold, even if he has to drop to light heavyweight to do it. No question the former Olympian would be a welcome addition to a division starved of contenders.

He's even promised to put Jon Jones on his back.

Well, how about it, haters, anyone think "King Mo" has been wearing his crown too tight? Or could a lopsided loss for Mir send him into permanent retirement?

Thoughts?

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/8/23/32...eforce-ufc-mma

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote