MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - UFC 151 canceled, Jones-Machida 2 at UFC 152 in Toronto

View Single Post

Old 08-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #204 (permalink)
ptw
Featherweight

ptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By Allptw Is Beloved By All
The UFC is not entitled to anything by any means, but they tossed Jones a bone(lol) with Chael, and he sat there like he was too good for it. The guy is 25, has a deal with Nike, prolly some other badass sponsors, has been hyped to the max, has been given the limelight, and it's all thanks to the UFC. I'm not saying he owes anything to the UFC, but it was unreasonable for him not to fight Chael on short notice considering he had a full training camp, Chael's arguably less dangerous than Hendo but poses a similar challenge, and Chael would have had 8 days to prepare for the fight. There are three ways to formulate a decision, one is based on logic, the next is based on what the right thing to do would be(ethics), and the last is on the emotional impact it has on you personally as an individual. Jones chose the last one, and focused on himself only. If I lose the belt to Chael on 8 days notice it would be terrible for my career, Chael doesn't deserve to fight me, I don't really need the money from this event that bad. Whatever.