MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Chael Sonnen declares himself to be the UFC light heavyweight champion… by forfeit

View Single Post

Old 08-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #20 (permalink)
dlxrevolution
Featherweight

dlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level nowdlxrevolution is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcthegame View Post
Really though with a guy like Jones or even SIlva, can you really earn a title shot? I mean with these guys they have pretty much cleared out their division at this point it just giving the fans fights they want to see.

I know I prefer Diaz over CW for Silva, and Sonnen over Davis,Gus, for Jones.
Yes, you can.

There are plenty of hungry fighters that they have/haven't in each of their respective divisions (Jones more so than Silva) that can fight and learn their way to a title fight.

Just to list a few:

185: Belcher, Vitor Belfort, Tim Boetsch, Chris Weidman etc...

205: Alexander Gus, Glover, Phil Davis, Stanislov Nedkov etc...

A fight against Chael Sonnen does NOT make any sense what so ever and it was sloppy of the UFC to even suggest this fight in the first place. Dana White and the UFC (as previously stated) are basically just dumping ALL the blame Jon Jones as a scapegoat when the fact of the matter is they're the ones the had to cancel because it wasn't strong enough in the first place (atleast not to be a pay-per-view). I'm much more disgusted in the UFC for this decision than I am Jon Jones.

I mean, this is the basic breakdown of the whole thing...

UFC: Were just gonna make a fight card with no leg to stand on and hope to god none of the main eventers go out. Tralala...

Hendo: I can't go.

UFC: SHIT! UH! UM UM!...MACHIDA! Fight Jones?

Machida: No

UFC: SHIT!...Uhhhh...(>.<)...CHAEL! Fight Jones?

Chael: Sure

UFC: (ok good ehm...) JONES! Defend your title against Chael Sonnen even though he's coming off a loss?

Jones: What?!? No.

UFC: Well Thanks a lot Jon Jones! Now we gotta cancel! See what YOU did?

Jones shouldn't have the title stripped. Jones shouldn't have to apologize for sh#t. As a matter of fact, I hope Jon Jones turns into Nick Diaz, say's "F*ck Everybody", and destroy his opponents in the first round for his next few fights, making everyone hate him more.

Last edited by dlxrevolution : 08-23-2012 at 07:15 PM.