MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Michael "Venom" Page Signs with Bellator

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 05:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
ClydebankBlitz
Super Heavyweight

ClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings SystemClydebankBlitz Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Apparently it was K-1 rules. God knows though.

He's flashy and exciting. Just really wonder what his ground game and take down defense is like.
UK1. I think UCMMA were trying to bubble wrap him because he got taken down in his fight before. But I don't see the issue because he submitted his opponent quickly after it, which shows another asset in his skillset. He was a kickboxer before this though and in England they often have amature or K1 fights on the cards so nothing major.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vilify View Post
I like his style but he should stay in the UK and keep his career going. Nothing wrong with being the big fish in a small pond.
For the time being, yes. Bellator now? He's not really close to me. He should have stayed with UCMMA and went as far as he could with that. He could definently learn and improve in taking fights with Denniston Sutherland, Mark Wier or Jake Boswick, Jack Marshman, Leeroy Barnes etc. They could probably even get him a fight with former Bellator fighter Jim Wallhead or Frank Trigg. A lot of stuff for him that doesn't involve going to the big shows just yet. Good for Bellator fans though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Is he the Silva like UK striker
I guess, but his MMA record is 2-0. It's just because he was so cocky in his first fight, and finished it with what I think is called a 720' roundhouse kick, that he is often compaired as such.

MMA Forum Survival GP Season 5 Winner
VIP FFL 2013: 19th (Last) - 40 Points
ClydebankBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote