MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones: “I feel terrible, but it also wasn’t my decision to cancel the whole card

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
marcthegame
Super Heavyweight

marcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crossesmarcthegame Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellianenko View Post
It's Dana's fault for putting together such a shit card with only one fight. Nice scapegoating job too.

Chael and Henderson are completely different fighters. One just dives for takedowns all night, the other likes to stand and bang. The "wrestler" tag is oversimplifying.

Of course Chael took the fight. ANYONE would. It's FOR THE BELT. With NO WORK WHATSOEVER. It's not about balls, he has everything to gain and nothing to lose. If he loses it's because he had no camp. If he wins, he's champ.

It's the other way round for Jones. If he wins, he gets NOTHING except "he just beat a guy without a camp" comments. If he loses he loses everything. And for what? "fans" who would still hate him regardless and dissect everything he says.
Objectively if Jones loses to Chael, wouldn't that mean he would lose to Chael again with a full camp? Chael said it best the better man always wins no matter what. It's not like Chael is gonna KO him out, he is gonna beat his ass for 25 minutes for a decision. He fought,Bader,Evans, and I'm sure he was preparing for Henderson's wrestling.
marcthegame is offline   Reply With Quote