MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Chael Sonnen declares himself to be the UFC light heavyweight champion… by forfeit

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #63 (permalink)
mmaswe82
Shogun

mmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By Allmmaswe82 Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
We are in agreeance there. check my last post just above yours

Err, he's fighting at 153 in Brazil. Very much STILL part of the UFC
Ah cool also speaking of the MW division I mean I can't deny that the first time around Sonnen did beat some solid MWs. The second titleshot in my opinion was kind of a gift.

He beat Stann who is a stylistic dream for him, and then at best got a draw with Bisping, IMO Bisping won that fight.

So one stylistic dream and a controversial decision. I can say without shame that he talked and marketed his way to that second titleshot more or less. And for him to get a titleshot right away at LHW where I dont see him ever earning one, to me thats just bush leage BS.

Just to clarify what I meant. I can't deny that he can compete at the highest level at MW though.