MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Chael Sonnen declares himself to be the UFC light heavyweight champion… by forfeit

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 07:52 AM   #68 (permalink)
tecnotut
Bantamweight

tecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nicetecnotut is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
You gotta admit, love or hate Sonnen, it takes ******* balls to challenge the most dominant champ in the sport on 8 days notice.
I agree with your first comment that Sonnen converted JJ fans to his side, but I definitely wouldn't say it takes "balls to challenge" Jones in 8 days. Quite frankly, I say that Sonnen (or any other fighter who wanted to fight JJ) is also acting like a "business man." If he wins, he wins. If he loses, then he really didn't lose. Why? Because his loss will be explained away by the fact that he only had 8 days to prepare. That sounds like a very rational, business decision to me.