Mixed Martial Arts Forum banner

Chael Sonnen continues to rip Jon Jones for UFC 151 cancellation (video)

4K views 36 replies 28 participants last post by  Killz 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
#7 ·
More Chael being Chael - "I am the best, no one wants to fight me, but I always blow it in the big fight".

After all the talk before Chael vs Silva II how can anyone fall for this crap again?

I just can't believe that anyone would listen to a word Chael has to say. It's beyond pathetic at this point. Yeah, sure, Jones didn't want to fight you, but probably mostly because he thinks so little of you, that he didn't even want to give you the honor of being in the ring with him or give you a chance to win the belt on some kind of fluke. There is nothing that Chael has done to deserve that opportunity. So he doesn't deserve it. That's not Jone's fault.

Yeah, Yeah, Chael is the Man...Why, because he said he would be willing to fly out and fight Jones on that same night. Guess what folks. I am willing to fly out and fight Jones tomorrow night as well. Wow! Look how easy it is to proclaim to something that has no chance of happening. I would also be willing to go hand to hand with Big Foot for a million dollars. Bring it on, that's how tough I am. You can't stop me, I am the best. Hell, I am also willing to fight Anderson Silva right now. Oh, he doesn't want to.....well, then he is a bitch and I am the man. "ROLLS EYES"

So he is willing to fight for a championship belt he has no legit right to fight for and if he loses, no one would have anything bad to say about it. Wow, yeah, it takes a really big man to agree to that. Give me a ******* break. What is so damn admirable about that? Who of us wouldn't agree to do the same thing, right now, for the same payday, win or lose?

Chael is as fake and hollow as a $1.00 Easter Morning Bunny Rabbit from the local pharmacy.

#8 ·
Chael is as fake and hollow as a $1.00 Easter Morning Bunny Rabbit from the local pharmacy.
fake in what way? Who is he trying to deceive? it's like yelling at people on a tv show for acting. We all know Chael is just marketing himself, he's just really good at it. The real Chael is a proven nice guy that looks out for those who are loyal to him and anyone getting pissed at his act need to get their head screwed on.

#9 ·
its crazy to say Chael would have nothing to lose in this fight. its absurd. if Chael sonnen lost this fight, hed likely never ever get a nother title shot in the UFC again. If Chael lost this fight, he becomes Rich Franklin. He got asked if he wanted to fight JJ in 8 days, not if he wanted to fight JJ ever. His answer was yes, ill fight him immediately. Because Chael is the ******* man.

#10 ·
"If Chael lost he would likely never get another title shot" ??? Isn't that what everyone said after Sonnen v Silva II??

Like I said, I would fight JJ immediately too. Does that make me the man?? Of course not, because it would never happen. It is in no way shape or form impressive to say you would do something that you and everyone else knows could never happen. WHY DON'T YOU SEE THAT?!?!

It's just a bullshit FAKE statement meant to impress the naive. And apparently, it's working.

Again, listen closely, I am willing to fight Optimus Prime, right now. So I must be the baddest man on the planet, because I said I would do it. Is that now true?

#12 · (Edited)
you are implying he's dinsingenuous, which he's not. He claimed he was the ww champ for a while, which he clearly was not. People say he's the baddest man because he's not afraid at all of anyone, ever. To truly be disingenuous and fake as a person you have to be trying to convince people of something that's not true, Chael was never trying to convince anyone he was the actual champ, he was screwing around to get a rise out of people exactly like you. It's like the act of getting pertubed about what he said is his goal, he wants you to hate him or love him, he doesn't care, that's the point of promoting himself. You hate a character while believing it's a man, people talk highly of him in personal relationships and that his character is not him at all.

#14 ·
Chael Sonnen may be the best shit talker that has ever walked the face of the earth. Until yesterday I had no interest in a fight between them but now I neeeeeeeeeed it.

#19 ·
There's a difference between being popped for doping and being too much man for the CSAC.

And regardless, it's not like what he's saying is wrong about Jones.

#34 ·
LOL Why would Greg and Bones Duck Sonnen? Whats really going on here?

Greg Jackson told Bones it would be the biggest mistake of his career to take on Sonnen.

BUT WHY?

Hendo is a well prepared wrestler on TRT with dynamite in his hands uber strength and a stone head.

Sonnen is an average chinned, wrestler with average to weak power in his hands thats under prepared and underweight.

Yet he would rematch Machida and not Sonnen?

WHAT THE HELL IS REALLY GOING ON?

Also Vitor dosnt stand much of a chance against Bones?

Also Anderson silva offered to fight Bones but it was too late is that just a ploy?

#36 · (Edited)
It seems pretty obvious that Uncle Greg and Uncle Dana are vying for control of the heart and mind of Jon Jones. Greg won this round. JJ is an extra-ordinary talent, but he doesn't have the political shrewdness or detached, calculated insight of stablemate GSP.

Right now, it's unclear to me what JJ's thought process is; I'm forced to guess that he's simply a young kid who didn't think through either the decision or it's potential consequences very clearly. It doesn't make him a bad person, it just makes him a bad politician.

Ultimately, one thing is clear: MMA has maxed out both it's talent pool and it's fan base. Dana is simply putting on too many weak cards with too few star fighters, and aggregate buy rates are quite low as the market is over-saturated with PPV events.

Given the risk/reward ratio, a very small percentage of elite athletes will enter the MMA talent pool in the future. Boxing shares the same problem.

On top of that, MMA is not going to increase it's mainstream fan base to any significant degree in the years to come, either. The sport is simply perceived as being too violent, despite it's relative safety compared to other combat sports.

Add to that Dana's penchant for childish rants, and it's quite clear that Zuffa and it's followers should be prepared for a long plateau as a viable, but niche pro sport.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.