MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Lyoto Machida issues a statement through his manager over decision to decline title f

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 07:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among MenToxic Is A God Among Men
Quote:
Originally Posted by locnott View Post
I can't see why anyone would have a problem with his decision.
The UFC just lost a ton of money on UFC 151 and were looking for guys to step up and try and recoup some of that cost.

I think some people look at his like some rec sports thing were you can look out for #1 but the UFC is a buisiness and these guys are employee's. In peoples regular lives how many times does your boss ask you to do the company a favor and go above and beyond your regular duties or hours? I know personally it happens often and your know what most people step up and help out because that's how you get ahead in life. Maybe some fighters need a blue collar work ethic.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote