MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jones vs Belfort Ufc 152 (Machida declines afterall)

View Single Post

Old 08-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #138 (permalink)
Toxic

Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Toxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is UntouchableToxic Is Untouchable
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilify View Post
A warrior that quits and throws in the towel after GSP smacked him

This says a lot about the UFC and how it's being run like a circus. Why announce an event that hasn't even been confirmed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
To be fair it was BJ's brother who threw in the towel (Reagan I think) and as far as i'm aware that's out of BJ's control. From memory he didn't appear to be upset with their decision though.
BJ's brother threw in the towel but come on that talk is just for trolling and hating cause BJ was walking to GSP's corner at the end of the round and his brother had to go grab him and guide him back to his stool. It was crystal clear that BJ's wits were away on vacation and he was merely standing because he had some brief recollection of doing this walking thing at some point in his life. You could tell watching that BJ had no idea what was going on around him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason12 View Post
If I remember correctly Dana White mentioned that he had talked to Machida's manager already. I would assume that the manager tentatively said yes and Machida said no. Really didnt make any sense for Machida to take a fight on short notice when he is already guaranteed a title shot.
There are no guarantees till the cage door closes, we have seen tons of guaranteed title shots disappear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
I couldn't agree more. They really need to stop, take a breather, and look at what they are doing. This fight makes absolutely no sense at all. Pretty much anyone in the LHW division would make a lot more sense than belfort.

I'm really not sure what to make of this. They seem to be absolutely panicking and making some really terrible decisions.
Its another "Former LHW" champ to add to JJ list of victims.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcpl View Post
There is an article on mmamania or something where DW said it only works as a quick plug-in fight, Sonnen has no actual claim to a title shot.

Not that Vitor does either That is what confuses me the most.
Sonnen is coming off a loss the only reason he was gonna get the fight is because the UFC needed a fight they could sell in a week and Sonnen is the best salesman in the business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Why not Gustaffson? A guy who actually competes in the division.
Cause its clear Gustaffson is not ready so why have Jones knock him to the back of the line before he is ready. They need to build somebody up to fight Jones after this fight as well, if they let Jones blow through the prospects there won't be anyone left soon.

"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page

Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote