MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Not Understanding the Hate?

View Single Post

Old 08-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #47 (permalink)
oldfan
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY

oldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Materialoldfan Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bscoop09 View Post
Because this analogy doesn't paint the picture? Maybe you can suggest some real life experiences that would relate to the situation.

If not belittling analogy seems kind of retarded.

Honestly it’s hard to think of one you could follow. I think the last paragraph of your original post explains your confusion quite well. You have no experiences of professional responsibility to draw on for reference.

here’s an example that at first look might seem as off the wall as yours but will make more sense to those not immersed in academia.

I’m just a dumb ol’ construction worker so I’ll use that.

Say I’m a project manager for a big company. I’m building a 2 million dollar strip mall. If I finish in 16 weeks I get a huge bonus. For 14 weeks i have worked 7 days a week to make this happen.

My employer calls me after supper while I am calling subs trying to force the next day to happen and he tells me “Johnny has had a heart attack. I want you to drop the strip mall and take over the $20 million hospital renovation tomorrow.”

The Hospital renovation is late and over budget and nobody is going to be getting a bonus from it. If I don’t stay focused, the mall won’t be finished in time for a bonus.

Do you tell your employer “No thanks, I prepared for the strip mall. The strip mall will make me look good. The Hospital is a no win situation for me.”

….?

While that may seem abstract to you it is closer to the reality of this situation than the analogy that you used.

I hope it helps your confusion