MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones says he would take Chael Sonnen fight in a heart beat. August 17th.

View Single Post

Old 08-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Jon Jones says he would take Chael Sonnen fight in a heart beat. August 17th.

Quote:
UFC champion Jon Jones continues to get heavy criticism for his refusal to fight Chael Sonnen on short-notice at UFC 151, and it won't be much easier for Jones to cover himself in glory. Last Saturday on The Abe Kanan Show, a weekly program on SiriusXM, interviewed the world's #1 light-heavyweight and discussed a potential fight with Sonnen down the road in 2013. Kanan proceeded to "sell" the champion a fight with Chael, listing several reasons why it could be highly profitable for him, and also saying that Jones would dominate him. The lead-up to the damning quote from Jones starts at about 1:32 in the video below.
Quote:
Kanan: "Why not just take the fight, do it and make a lot of money?"

Jones: "I totally agree and I'm not sitting here saying that I wouldn't take the fight, I would take the fight in a heartbeat."

Ouch. Well Jones had his chance and said no. That's another notable slip-up revealed in the last few days, with the other major one being his statement on Twitter that he'd never turn down a fight. Keep in mind that tweet was two years ago, the Sonnen quote was last week. Add to that his quote that you'd never have to worry about him getting a DUI and he's built up a bad record of this.

Hahahahahaha im starting to actually like Jon Jones. If going back on his word and saying stupid stuff like "Ima bless you" is his hype routine then it might be better then Chael Sonnens hype routine because atleast we know Chael Sonnen is hyping his fight.

I have never in my life seen someone who cares less about his word then Jon Jones. It means as much to him as the turd i flush down each morning. Jesus crist man just 6 days before he turned down the fight he said he would accept in a heartbeat lmao.

Im starting to wonder if this is Jon Jones shtick like Chael Sonnen has his shtick where he denies saying stuff he obviously said.