MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Jon Jones "I will accept full responsibility"

View Single Post

Old 08-26-2012, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Jon Jones "I will accept full responsibility"

Quote:
“Carrying the cross for my company’s decision. If someone has to take the blame, I will accept full responsibility for the way UFC 151 was canceled,” Jones tweeted. “I want to sincerely apologize to all the other athletes/fans who’s time and money was waisted (sic).

“I feel terrible about the way that was handled.”

For the first time in a long time Jones has said something that MAYBE isnt phony. Though i think he should realize he isnt "carrying the cross for his company" but in FACT he is carrying his own cross. As Frankie Edgar said "I'd like to say I would (take the fight). I don't know what my team would say, but ultimately I'm the one to make that decision."

And so was Jones.

But he is starting to realize (I THINK) what he did was embarrassing for himself as a champion. And selfish for him as a human being who can actually afford to turn down a fight even after spending all that money on a 3 month training camp.

Im guessing most of the undercard fighters ended up losing money on this fiasco because according to Lauzon a full training camp costs around 20k.

Iv read conflicting reports if the fighters got the show up base pay (I like to think they did) but thats still maybe 6k for most undercard fighters. Alot of them are counting on the win bonus and possible bonus money for having a good showing. And they are definitely counting on the win to improve their careers for the future.

You guys know what i was just thinking. This has given the UFC a bit of bad P.R. themselves. So if the UFC publicly stated that they gave all the people on the undercard/Maincard a 20k check to apologize for having to cancel the event. They could end up looking pretty good in the Media.

2014 FFL

Robbie Lawler

Daniel Cormier
Rory Macdonald
Alan Patrick
Stephen Thompson
SideWays222 is online now   Reply With Quote