MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bisping - "Dana and the company needed him and he basically bitched out"

View Single Post

Old 08-26-2012, 09:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
BrianRClover
Welterweight

BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
I've been pretty quiet around here about this whole situation. For whatever reason I felt the desire to comment on this.

First of all, to Soojoo... you're right to a certain degree... the other title holders certainly have a more VALID opinion of the situation. But just because he's yet to carry gold, that doesn't mean by any means that Bisping's thoughts are irrelevant. He IS a constant main eventer, and ultimately that's a status that sits just under championship status.

I personally think Jon Jones made a mistake. I also think Greg Jackson is to blame, or at least carries about 90% of it. I can't even imagine the amount of money he and his management team claims right now based on Jones alone... but I would be willing to wager that it's more than all of his other fighters combined! Point being, I can see why they wouldn't want to take any needless risks to put that in jeopardy.

This can all be summed up in one simple statement. You're either a business man or a TRUE fighter, obviously Jones and his camp are going business... and guess what, whether we like it or not, that's their porogative.

Jones has always struck me as the type who wants to be liked, but apparently that means nothing to him. If Brock Lesnar's time in the UFC taught us anything, it's that the most hated guy can draw even bigger numbers than the most loved. If Jones were in front of me, I'd tell him to embrace this backlash and run with it. His merch will still sell, his cards will always sell out, and his pay per view draws will likely become the biggest ever... just go with it kid!
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote