MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bisping - "Dana and the company needed him and he basically bitched out"

View Single Post

Old 08-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
SideWays222
All Around Nice Guy
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

SideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemSideWays222 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianRClover View Post
I've been pretty quiet around here about this whole situation. For whatever reason I felt the desire to comment on this.

First of all, to Soojoo... you're right to a certain degree... the other title holders certainly have a more VALID opinion of the situation. But just because he's yet to carry gold, that doesn't mean by any means that Bisping's thoughts are irrelevant. He IS a constant main eventer, and ultimately that's a status that sits just under championship status.

I personally think Jon Jones made a mistake. I also think Greg Jackson is to blame, or at least carries about 90% of it. I can't even imagine the amount of money he and his management team claims right now based on Jones alone... but I would be willing to wager that it's more than all of his other fighters combined! Point being, I can see why they wouldn't want to take any needless risks to put that in jeopardy.

This can all be summed up in one simple statement. You're either a business man or a TRUE fighter, obviously Jones and his camp are going business... and guess what, whether we like it or not, that's their porogative.
But was it really a "good" business move??

Chael was an easy win and yet a credible win and Jones would probably have made millions of dollars. They also could have asked the UFC for more money. And i just cant see how pissing off the company you work for is good business. And if Jones loses on the 22nd he is in for a reallly high fall now.

I dont know man... i just dont see how this was a smart decision on ANY fronts.

But what the hell. Whats done is done. Jones lost the respect of may fans and fighters. If he is okay with that then that is all there is to it.

I am off to bed now though. It is 5:30am and i just really should not be up this late lol. Good night.