MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Bisping - "Dana and the company needed him and he basically bitched out"

View Single Post

Old 08-26-2012, 08:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
BrianRClover
Welterweight

BrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By AllBrianRClover Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by SideWays222 View Post
But was it really a "good" business move??

Chael was an easy win and yet a credible win and Jones would probably have made millions of dollars. They also could have asked the UFC for more money. And i just cant see how pissing off the company you work for is good business. And if Jones loses on the 22nd he is in for a reallly high fall now.

I dont know man... i just dont see how this was a smart decision on ANY fronts.

But what the hell. Whats done is done. Jones lost the respect of may fans and fighters. If he is okay with that then that is all there is to it.

I am off to bed now though. It is 5:30am and i just really should not be up this late lol. Good night.
I agree with everything you're saying here. Except that Sonnen is an "easy" win. Sonnen spent the better part of two years attacking my favorite fighter of all time, making stuff up, and talking trash to his finest definition. He is without a doubt talking trash again, however this time around he's actually using facts and exagerating them in a media attention getting way. My point is, I may not be the biggest Chael Sonnen fan, but even on 8 days notice, I don't think he's a "gimme" fight for anyone, not even Jon Jones.

Good decision, maybe not... eh.. who knows? it'll all blow over once the next event comes and goes and Jones runs over Vitor.
BrianRClover is offline   Reply With Quote