MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Lyoto Machida, Jon Jones And The Politics of Turning Down Fights

View Single Post

Old 08-26-2012, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Jason12
Amateur

Jason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of lightJason12 is a glorious beacon of light
The difference is that JBJ already had a full camp. It would be stupid for Machida to accept his last chance at the title without training when he is already guaranteed the fight. If JBJ loses he would get a rematch right away. I wouldn't say the last occasion was the same as Jones either. In both cases he wasn't scheduled in the first place anyway.

I kind of feel bad for JBJ....he clearly wants to be liked and he is getting terrible advice from his camp. Is there no other alternative that could of helped JBJ avoid this PR disaster? This is all about people telling him he has to maintain this perfect record (DQ aside) so he can keep getting the big payday. For his sake I hope he doesn't go on a losing streak at any point because if that happens these people he is trusting to make his decisions will move on to the next big thing just like they did with Evans.
Jason12 is offline   Reply With Quote