MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Who are your top ten ATG Heavyweights

View Single Post

Old 08-27-2012, 02:41 AM   #8 (permalink)
John8204
Ultra-weight

John8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By AllJohn8204 Is Beloved By All
1. Fedor Emelianenko - He's still number one for now really the Pride field is still pretty damn strong.
2. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira - I think his sort of comebacks are keeping at #2 but JDS should pass him in 2013.
3. Junior Dos Santos - It's hard to look at what he's done and who he's facing and not say that cleaning out the division will put him over or equal to Fedor.
4. Mirko Cro-Cop - I still think he's #3 more importantly I feel like his fights were better than the other guys behind him.
5. Randy Couture - I consider him an all-time GOAT but he was to small for HW and he never got those huge wins like he did at LHW.
6. Dan Severn - I give him credit for being the first great gatekeeper and the first true HW. I also respect and admire him competing in the small leagues in his 50's, MMA's Satchel Page.
7. Frank Mir - I'll be frank, if he doesn't beat Werdum, Barnett, Cain, Alistair, or Cole Konrad I'll kick him off this list. He's got that terrible chin, horrible fights, and he's kind of a one trick pony but I'll put him at #7 because he might get some big wins or others won't overtake him.
8. Don Frye - Lost to a number of top guys but had one of the greatest years ever and two of the greatest fights. I will never take Don Frye off the top ten list.
9. Mark Coleman - My least favorite of this era, his accomplishments puts him in my top ten but I could see myself knocking him out if the newer guys do a better job proving themselves.
10. Igor Vovchanchyn - Because I couldn't see anyone else. I could go for the internet and say Werdum, safe Barnett, or risky Lesnar but I'll stick with an old combo of three.

Daniel Cormier, Fabricio Werdum, Josh Barnett, Alistair Overeem and Cain Velasquez are sort of nebulously ranked right now. I feel like in two or three years we'll get those clear rankings but for now I would put them behind first and second generation guys Frye, Coleman, and Igor.
John8204 is offline   Reply With Quote