MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - The official Rusty CJ5 build thread

View Single Post

Old 08-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #78 (permalink)
Rusty
Gone Hunting

Rusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings SystemRusty Is Beyond A Rankings System
I had pretty much given up last night on getting finished for this weekend but my buddy thinks we still have enough time

So I called the Rustys place to see how long in fact we'd be looking on getting the arms done once they had the lengths. Luckily for me, they only have one other custom job going on right now and there's no rush on it. They said they can build the arms tomorrow and ship them Wednesday 2nd day air to me for 80 bucks.

I went to the shop right after work and we got to figuring out the lengths. You don't want your upper arms to be less than %70 or more than %80 the length of your lowers. Mine measured out at %75 so I'm good to go with no compromises

Just got a couple pics. Forgot to take some after the gussets were welded on to the upper spring perches but maybe tomorrow.

And another angle. You can see the truss on the top of the axle I was talking about earlier. I went ahead with the square tubing since I don't have a bender for the round tube I wanted to use It should be fine either way.

Once all the welding on the crossmember is done and all the control arm mounts are on we'll set the tub down and start to piece it back together and hope everything is alright once the arms show up. They are one of the most important pieces on this and they'll be one of the last things we'll get

Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote