MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Vitor Belfort on Jones:

View Single Post

Old 08-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
slapshot
Super Heavyweight

slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Vitor Belfort on Jones:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
Fighters Only -
Belfort was asked to offer some advice to Jon Jones when he appeared on The MMA Hour this week. Jones has experienced some troubles on the PR front since his ascendancy to the light-heavyweight title, not least because he is widely felt to be less humble than he purports be.

“We all make mistakes and nobody has the right to judge anybody. But God sees what is in our hearts and the thing is, like the bible says, whatever is in your heart is what your mouth and your attitude will speak. Actions speak louder than words,” Belfort said.

He also offered the slightly more cryptic - in fact, downright zen -advice when asked whether Jones was correct to recently refuse to cooperate with the UFC when they wanted him to fight Chael Sonnen on short notice. “Lions walk with lions… you cannot make an eagle walk with a chicken,” Belfort said when asked whether Jones should adopt a more compliant attitude.

Belfort also leaves on the following note: "I am not a diva, I am a legend. I am a legend. Thats why I took this fight"

He faces Jones on September 22 in Canada; the match was made after Dan Henderson pulled out of a September 1 fight with Jones because of a knee injury. Jones refused to accept Chael Sonnen as a replacement and so UFC 151 was scrapped completely. The September 22 event was to be UFC 152 but has now been retitled and is the new UFC 151.
http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...with-chickensq
LOL.
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is online now   Reply With Quote