MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Was Shogun just "unfortunate" with his first loss to Bones?

View Single Post

Old 08-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
cdtcpl
Megaweight

cdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By Allcdtcpl Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA-Sportsman View Post
Everybody affirming Jones is better than Shogun in his prime is just new to the game and unaware of the dire battles he's been in the past, against warriors Jones never ever faced in his life.
I remember the battles, I remember when Coleman beat him through an unusual injury and being upset. I remember thinking no one would ever beat him, and thinking that if him and Chuck ever met up I knew how it was going to go down.

Ultimately what we are all affirming is what is true about all sports. Newer, more evolved and specialized are better than older generations. Athletes who play Soccer (futbol), football, hockey, basketball, etc, that play now are almost 100% likely to be better than their counterparts 25-30 years ago. Well MMA is like that, but we are going from guys that started training after their first few fights to guys that have trained for years before their first fight. The evolution is happening faster in MMA right now.
cdtcpl is offline   Reply With Quote