MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - One of my heroes defends Jon Jones

View Single Post

Old 08-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dtwizzy2k5
Welterweight

Dtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level nowDtwizzy2k5 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK11 View Post
I'd like to consider myself a free thinker, and know most of the blame for the event being cancelled (in fact all of the blame) should fall on the UFC itself, but I still think Jones was a bitch for not accepting the fight. He went through a full camp, is in shape and would have fought someone who is a natural 185 pounder, who did not go through a full camp. I'm almost positive if BJ, Chuck, Anderson, Couture, Nog, GSP...etc were in the same position after a full training camp they would have fought even if their title was on the line.

But here is the bottom line. You think he made the right choice by not fighting Sonnen, while I think it was a piss poor decision on his part. Therefore, you should know by now, that we are all entitled to our own opinions.
I have no problem with your opinion. My problem is with the people who are putting all blame for everything on Jon Jones and acting like he is the devil now for making the worst decision of all time. My problem is with the scapegoating, hyperbole, and overreactions.
Dtwizzy2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote