MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Shane Carwin vs, Roy Nelson TUF 16 Finale Headliner

View Single Post

Old 08-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
StandThemUp
Flyweight

StandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really niceStandThemUp is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtwizzy2k5 View Post
Carwin is on a 2-fight losing streak, hasn't fought in 14 months, and is 37 years old coming off a serious injury.
Roy Nelson is 2-3 in his last five fights, is fat enough to be a natural middleweight, and is 36 years old.
Like I said, IRRELEVANT
Unfortunately, that's about as relevant as it gets for the HW division.
If the show had to be 2 HW's, I don't know who else would be better?

My problem is, why 2 HW's? I think the show needs a complete makeover.
Why not have Rousey and Tate as Coaches, With a bunch of up and cuming chick fighters? Add tons and tons of pillows to the fighter house and fill the pool with Jello instead of water. Then watch the Fur Fly!
I could make this show really fricken interesting if they gave me a chance.

Seriously though. If not an All Female TUF - How about a Co-Ed one, with Men and Women in the house?

The point is, this is a reality show at it's heart. And no reality show with a bunch of dudes is going to be really successful (women outnumber Men like 3:1). The best reality shows and have men and women and sexual tension and love triangles, etc. As a reality show TUF isn't bringing it, and as a fighting show, the fights aren't bringing it. So they need to decide what it is. Is it a reality show or is it a fighting show. right now, it's stuck somewhere in the middle and losing fans from each side instead of bringing in fans from each side.
StandThemUp is offline   Reply With Quote