MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Shane Carwin vs, Roy Nelson TUF 16 Finale Headliner

View Single Post

Old 08-31-2012, 12:57 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ape City
It's a league game, Smokey

Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
Why does that half fighter Carwin get a picture and not Roy!

Quote:
E=Life B Ez;1622136]Seriously what happened to Carwin? The guy was a machine, destroying everyone, then sees the second round, loses to Brock is gone a year, loses to Jds and is gone again. Wtf... I know he was hurt, but Jesus, how do you not have any serious problems then just disappear like that. I guess having to get off that juice hurt him more than expected.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
[/quote]
Carwin represents how shallow the HW division really is and always has been. You have a bunch of huge muscle-bound or fat-bound dudes who have way less skill than the top 5 guys in every other division below them but make it into the spotlight because they are huge, and damn, we like to see them big boys fight.

I think we are just now starting to see a few talented HW's emerge in JDS, Cain, and Overeem. Carwin...Brock...even Nelson...these guys represent what is wrong with the HW division. I love Nelson. He is amazing. What an everyman. But gimme a freaking break! This guy at 205? Nelson is at HW for a reason: you don't need to be as good. Carwin? Brock? These guys are not even full time fighters! They are old, worn out, and from different professions.

I could get into the rest of the division but it really just get embarrassing from there. I guess we could toss in a few other top ten UFC HW like Matt Mittrione, Cheik Kongo, and Pat Barry. always nice to see them underachieve and fail. on a regular basis.