MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos - View Single Post - Shane Carwin vs, Roy Nelson TUF 16 Finale Headliner
View Single Post
post #14 of (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 01:57 AM
Ape City
It's a league game, Smokey
Why does that half fighter Carwin get a picture and not Roy!

E=Life B Ez;1622136]Seriously what happened to Carwin? The guy was a machine, destroying everyone, then sees the second round, loses to Brock is gone a year, loses to Jds and is gone again. Wtf... I know he was hurt, but Jesus, how do you not have any serious problems then just disappear like that. I guess having to get off that juice hurt him more than expected.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
Carwin represents how shallow the HW division really is and always has been. You have a bunch of huge muscle-bound or fat-bound dudes who have way less skill than the top 5 guys in every other division below them but make it into the spotlight because they are huge, and damn, we like to see them big boys fight.

I think we are just now starting to see a few talented HW's emerge in JDS, Cain, and Overeem. Carwin...Brock...even Nelson...these guys represent what is wrong with the HW division. I love Nelson. He is amazing. What an everyman. But gimme a freaking break! This guy at 205? Nelson is at HW for a reason: you don't need to be as good. Carwin? Brock? These guys are not even full time fighters! They are old, worn out, and from different professions.

I could get into the rest of the division but it really just get embarrassing from there. I guess we could toss in a few other top ten UFC HW like Matt Mittrione, Cheik Kongo, and Pat Barry. always nice to see them underachieve and fail. on a regular basis.

mad props: Toxic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome